Friday, November 19, 2010

This is what keeps me alive.



As most of you know I am a dancer at SCC and I love it there. I am currently in the Choreography class and one of our assignments was to choreograph a piece of work meant for 3 or more people.

This is my piece.

It is about 3 women and their struggles with grief. One has lost a husband, another a child, and the last was a best friend. I know it is a sad concept but it is a story about their journey alone, and with support, and how they are able to overcome their grief with the help of the people around them.
Sometimes you just have to let people help...

This is a rough run through the girls just finished learning it right before I recored it.... But I think they are beautiful. In the dance world there are things you create and might love and others wont understand or wont like. I know this is one of those. It isn't super eye catching and it may get boring to some, but I love it and am very proud of it.

This is what keeps me going on my long days at school. Knowing that I am learning how to create art and meeting such wonderful talented people that help me learn and grow every day.

I am so grateful to be apart of the program their. It has helped me grow so much, and I have made some wonderful friends!

5 comments:

The Parkers said...

wow Michelle that was amazing...I am glad you were able to tape it and share!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle that was wonderful. The message and the emotion was very clear. You have really grown in your choreography. I miss dancing with you :)

Dawn Davis said...

you pretty much rock! I love you! seriously, you are amazing girl!!

out numbered said...

Rickey wants to know if the dude in the background was part of the dance?

That was very well done. I am excited to see it when it is the final run through. You are a very talented lady!

Michelle said...

hhaa no the dude in the background is now apart of it. haha He was practicing fro class that day..

and everyone thanks. I'm glad you all like it.