Thursday, January 29, 2009

The New day is Marvelous... but it still brings some tears...

My best friend left for his mission this morning! It's been a crazy roller coaster ride for the past couple weeks! Our Stake President called him yesterday and gave him the option to leave at 3:00 that day but he had some stuff to finish like packing and saying good bye and selling his car... so they told him he would be leaving this morning at 7:00 to the MTC and he would meet up with his group and companion. I got to see him for a total of a hour yesterday... if that... and then I was off to my job and I had tickets so i couldn't see him be set apart... (again)... or see him off to the airport (again)... i think friends/girlfriends should only have to do that once... It's hard enough finding out while at school and knowing i only get an hour maybe before not getting so see him for two years...
  But don't get me wrong! I am SO happy! I am beyond happy! he needs to be out there and I'm just grateful that he was given the opportunity to leave now, even if it wasn't with my plans! haha! I love this gospel and i know that he with be the best missionary out there!! :) Love ya Jacob! See ya in a couple years! :)

1 comment:

The Parkers said...

dude had no clue!! that is exciting...and a job? what? Oh and you are ready to be done with this semester and it just started! Glad you are keeping busy and call if you need to chit chat!