Monday, May 19, 2008

Wildlife Zoo

On may 9th i was invited by arielle Tanner to go to the zoo with a school of deaf kids! It was one of my favorite things that has happened in a long time! I was a little rusty at first and my partner (Travis) Didn't really want anything to do with me... haha he was kind of a bumb, haha, but he worked with me and we had a blast. we even had a partner her name was Kayla. She was also deaf and they were in the same class. Amy Brandon was her partner but she had to leave early so i had both hyper 14 year olds. I seriously had a blast!!!



me and kayla on the train! they loved this ride haha


One of the animals tried to eat travis' shirt so he freaked out and waited for me and kayla outside of the petting zoo... haha

Kayla and I rode together over the zoo...
Travis rode by himself (we were in front) and everytime he wanted to talk to us. He would shout my name for me to get kayla's attention. tell her, and then she would tell me. Well they would sign everything of course. But for some reason i never had any idea what Travis would sign. He was crazy. But i always understood everything kayla would sign... it was really funny!

Yes i did eat a sandwich for lunch... i was uber hungry!

This is travis being crazy on the ride home! haha it was funny. We were playing the abc game, were you take turns makeing a sign for each letter... you know the game.... and then after ward travis decided to stick his head out of the bus like a dog... and stick his tounge out. It was so funny!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post i've been CRAZY busy... And i spent one night updating and my computer didn't safe any of it... so it's just taken me forever!!!

2 comments:

out numbered said...

It is about time!! But it looks like you had tons of fun. What a great way to practice your sign language. That is something I plan to learn in the future!

Lanu-Banu said...

Hey Michelle,
Fun Blog! I found you on Mary's! haha mine is www.lanaec.blogspot.com. I love and miss you!!